Safe Ministry training includes discussion of topics such as child abuse, family and domestic violence, abuse of power and bullying.
Contact the Safe Ministry Team if this training may cause you concern.
Sydney Anglican Diocese Training
This training has been written for leaders serving in Anglican churches in the Sydney Diocese. It is important to note that any reference to policies, ordinances, codes of conduct and certain leadership roles as well as government legislation and legal requirements are specific to these Anglican churches.
Leaders from other churches may also benefit from, and are welcome to undertake this training. While much of the information and guidelines contained in the courses will be relevant in other churches, leaders who are not in a Sydney Anglican church should ensure they identify their own church/denomination’s applicable policies, codes and leadership roles as well as specific state laws at the relevant points in the training.
- Takes up to 6 hours
- For those doing Safe Ministry Training for the first time*
- $60 for other denominations
- *Junior leaders must complete Essentials when they turn 18
- Takes up to 3.5 hours
- For those who have completed training* in the last 3yrs
- $30 for other denominations
- * Safe Ministry Essentials or Refresher
The cost covers training, resources and refreshments on the day (lunch is not provided).
How does face-to-face training work?
Face to face Safe Ministry Training is held several times a year in various locations around the Diocese of Sydney.
Create An Account
Create an account using the link from the menu at the top of this page (or log in if you already have an account).
Note: The email address used to create your account cannot be used by another account on our site.
Enrol In Your Course
Once logged in, enrol and pay for the course of your choice, then print your ticket.
Note that you MUST enrol and pay BEFORE the day of the course.
Head to location
Plan to arrive at the location of the training course in good time to sign in with your trainer.
Face-to-Face Training Events 2023
Safe ministry training in 2023 will be held on the dates and locations listed below.
We will comply with any relevant government requirements regarding COVID-19 at the time of each event.
Safe ministry training is also available online.
A training extension may be requested by those whose training is about to expire but who cannot complete online training – please speak to your Safe Ministry Representative for more information.
For current safe ministry training events:
- Numbers are limited and registration will close 48hrs prior to the event.
- Light refreshments will be available (lunch is not provided). You are welcome to bring your own food, particularly if you have dietary restrictions.
- Please bring a face mask if needed for social distancing or under government requirements (click here for more information).
Course enrolments open 4-5 weeks prior to the event
Course enrolments close 48hrs prior to the event
Saturday 11 November 2023
St Paul’s Anglican Church, Chatswood | Essentials | 9am – 3pm
Christ Church Anglican Church, Mortdale | Essentials | 9am – 3pm
Newport Anglican Church, Newport | Essentials | 9am – 3pm
All Saint’s Anglican Church, Nowra | Essentials | 9am – 3pm
St Paul’s Anglican Church, Riverstone | Refresher | 9am – 12.30pm
St George’s Anglican Church, Gerringong | Refresher | 9am – 12.30pm
St Michael’s Anglican Cathedral, Wollongong | Refresher | 9am – 12.30pm
For everyone’s safety we recommend that anyone attending training be up-to-date with their vaccination, maintain good hygiene and adhere to physical distancing.
If you are exposed to COVID-19 prior to the event or if you are experiencing symptoms consistent with a COVID-19 infection, please follow the health advice on the NSW Health website (this may mean not attending an event).
If you are unable to attend training (e.g., due to illness) or you wish to contact us about training (e.g., regarding accessibility to certain venues), please click here.
To enrol in a face-to-face training event see ‘Next Steps’ further down this page.
Where to get help to enrol in training:
- Online Assistant – If you are not familiar with using computers or need assistance completing the online enrolment process, your first action should be to contact the Online Assistant in your church. Your Senior Minister will be able to direct you to them.
- Instruction guide – Follow this guide for step-by-step instructions on the face-to-face enrolment process.
- Support ticket – If further assistance is required, particularly for any technical issues, a Safe Ministry Team member can assist you via our support ticket system.
We are unable to enrol participants or accept payment at the event.
- Please ensure you enrol and pay online before attending a training event.
- Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal – Direct Deposit is not available.
- You will receive a confirmation email with details of your event after your payment is received.
If you experience any technical problems enrolling in your course or if you do not receive your confirmation email, please raise a support ticket ASAP to receive assistance.
Do you have a Safe Ministry Training account on this website?
If not, click the text below to create one
Already have an account?
Click on the text below to login
Already Logged in?
Click on the text below to enrol in a face to face training course
The Anglican Diocese of Sydney is a Training Provider for the NCCA Safe Church Program