Sydney Anglican Diocese Training
This training has been written for leaders serving in Anglican churches in the Sydney Diocese. It is important to note that any reference to policies, ordinances, codes of conduct and certain leadership roles as well as government legislation and legal requirements are specific to these Anglican churches.
Leaders from other churches may also benefit from, and are welcome to undertake this training. While much of the information and guidelines contained in the courses will be relevant in other churches, leaders who are not in a Sydney Anglican church should ensure they identify their own church/denomination’s applicable policies, codes and leadership roles as well as specific state laws at the relevant points in the training.
Up to 6 hours
For those doing Safe Ministry Training for the first time*
$60 for other denominations
Takes up to 3.5 hours
For those who have done Essentials and need to refresh their training
$30 for other denominations
The cost covers training, resources and refreshments on the day (lunch is not provided).
The Professional Standards Unit is committed to seeing every church receive the training they need.
Please contact us if the cost of training is prohibitive.
How does face-to-face training work?
Face to face Safe Ministry Training is held several times a year in various locations around the Diocese of Sydney.
Face-to-Face Training Events 2021
Face-to-face training events will be available in a limited capacity for 2021.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Numbers are limited and registration will close 48hrs prior to the event.
- Limited refreshments will be provided. You are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks (particularly if you have dietary restrictions). Lunch is not provided.
- Where required, please bring and use a face mask (click here for more information about masks).
If you are in a high-risk category, we encourage you to complete online training.
Registrations for the following events will open 4-5 weeks prior to the event
Saturday 19th June, 2021
St John’s Anglican Church, Sutherland (Essentials & Refresher)
Minchinbury Anglican Church (Essentials & Refresher)
St Stephen’s Anglican Church, Bomaderry (Essentials & Refresher)
St Alban’s Anglican Church, Lindfield (Refresher only)
Saturday 4th September, 2021
St Matthias Anglican Church, Centennial Park (Essentials & Refresher)
Robertson Anglican Church (Refresher only)
Saturday 13th November, 2021
St Paul’s Anglican Church, Chatswood (Essentials & Refresher)
Rosemeadow Anglican Church (Essentials & Refresher)
Springwood Anglican Church (Refresher only)
Please follow the health advice on the NSW Health website and do not attend training if, in the 14 days prior to training
- you have been present at a COVID-19 case location identified on the NSW Health website and you are considered a close contact, or
- you have been present at a COVID-19 case location identified on the NSW Health website and you are considered a casual contact (unless you have tested negative to COVID-19 since contact occurred), or
- you are experiencing one or more symptoms consistent with a COVID-19 infection.
If any of this applies to you, please do not attend face-to-face training. Contact us for a refund.
To enrol in a face-to-face training event see ‘Next Steps’ further down this page.
Where to get help to enrol in training
- Online Assistant – If you are not familiar with using computers or need assistance completing the online enrolment process, your first action should be to contact the Online Assistant in your church. Your Senior Minister will be able to direct you to them.
- Support ticket – If further assistance is required, particularly for any technical issues, a Safe Ministry Team member can assist you via our support ticket system.
Online enrolment and payment are REQUIRED for face-to-face training and will close 48hrs prior to an event.
We are unable to accept enrolment or payment at the event.
Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal – Direct Deposit is not available.
After payment is received, confirmation of your enrolment will be emailed to you. If you experience any problems creating your account and enrolling in your course, or if you do not receive confirmation of your enrolment, please raise a support ticket prior to your event or an additional administration fee may be incurred.
The Anglican Diocese of Sydney is a Training Provider for the NCCA Safe Church Program