Safe Ministry Training – Support
We are committed to helping resolve any problems you may have using this site or the training courses.
This page provides some general advice that may help, and a link (below) to our support system where you can lodge a support ticket detailing the problem.
Please note that if you not familiar with using the internet or uncomfortable with using it, your first action should be to contact the Online Assistant in your church (if you are part of a Sydney Anglican church). Your Senior Minister will be able to tell you who that is.
If you do submit a support ticket, we will endeavour to respond to your problem within one business day.
Tips and Tricks – web browsers
If you experience problems progressing in the courses, the chances are that doing some simple maintenance on your web browser will fix it.
This involves clearing the browser cache and/or cookies.
Here’s a list of simple instructions on how to do that for common browsers.
NOTE: If this looks too technical for you, either seek local help or simply try another browser. We are unable to assist individuals with technical problems with their device.
Chrome - desktops and laptops
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- NOTE: Try just clearing the ‘Cached images and files’ first and see if that helps.
Chrome for Android
- Tap Chrome menu > Settings.
- Tap (Advanced) Privacy.
- From the “Time Range” drop-down menu, select All Time.
- Check Cookies and Site data and Cached Images and Files.
- Tap Clear data.
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Chrome for iPhone and iPad
- Open Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad and tap the Options
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Select which Browsing Data to clear (Browsing History, Cookies, Site Data, Cached Images and Files) then Tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data again to confirm your selection.
Firefox - Windows
- Click the menu button and choose .
- Select the panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click .
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
Firefox for Android
- Tap the menu icon located at the top right corner. …
- Tap Settings.
- After that, you will be taken to the settings screen. …
- You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared. Hint: try leaving cookies intact first.
- After those have been selected, tap the Clear data button to actually clear the cache and cookies.
Safari 8.0 - 10.0 (Mac)Safari 8.0 – 10.0 (Mac) – Clearing Cache and Cookies
- Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data….
- Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.
- Step 1 – Open the Settings Menu. In the top right hand corner you’ll see three dots in a horizontal line. …
- Step 2 – Locate Clearing Browsing Data. …
- Step 3 – Choosing What to Clear. …
- Step 4 – Restart the Browser.
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history…. …
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
If none of the above help, please raise a support ticket.
- Do give us as much detail as possible, including any error messages.
- While we endeavour to assist as much as possible, we cannot guarantee trouble free operation with every single internet connected device.
- Phone assistance is generally not available