Tips and Tricks – web browsers
If you experience problems progressing in the courses, the chances are that doing some simple maintenance on your web browser will fix it.
This involves clearing the browser cache and/or cookies.
Here’s a list of simple instructions on how to do that for common browsers.
NOTE: If this looks too technical for you, either seek local help or simply try another browser. We are unable to assist individuals with technical problems with their device.
Chrome – desktops and laptops
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the menu button (three vertical dots).
- Click More tools, then click Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- NOTE: Try just clearing the ‘Cached images and files’ first and see if that helps.
Chrome – Android devices
- Tap Chrome menu > Settings.
- Tap (Advanced) Privacy.
- From the “Time Range” drop-down menu, select All Time.
- Check Cookies and Site data and Cached Images and Files.
- Tap Clear data.
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Chrome – iPads and iPhone
- Open Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad and tap the Options
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Select which Browsing Data to clear (Browsing History, Cookies, Site Data, Cached Images and Files) then Tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data again to confirm your selection.
Firefox – Windows
- Click the menu button and choose .
- Select the panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click .
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
Firefox – Android devices
- Tap the menu icon located at the top right corner. …
- Tap Settings.
- After that, you will be taken to the settings screen. …
- You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared. Hint: try leaving cookies intact first.
- After those have been selected, tap the Clear data button to actually clear the cache and cookies.
- Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data….
- Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.
- Open the Settings Menu. In the top right hand corner you’ll see three dots in a horizontal line. …
- Locate Clearing Browsing Data. …
- Choosing What to Clear. …
- Restart the Browser.
(Note: we do not recommend using this browser on our training site – it is outdated and insecure)
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history…. …
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.